Climate of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Average Weather
- Edmonton, Alberta, canada, 53°34'N, 113°31'W, 671 m (2203 ft)
- Edmonton, Alberta has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Edmonton, Alberta is close to the boreal moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 3.6 degrees Celsius (38.5 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Total annual Precipitation averages 461.1 mm (18.2 in).
- Annual sunshine averages 2205 hours.
- If Edmonton, Alberta were situated on the opposite side of the world what would the climate be like? Follow this link to find the nearest location on ClimaTemps.com!
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Slave Lake, Ab, Canada - 207.9 kms (129.2 miles) NNW
- Edson, Ab, Canada - 194.5 kms (120.8 miles) W
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 28.7 kms (17.8 miles) S
- Red Deer, Ab, Canada - 156.9 kms (97.5 miles) S
- Golden, Bc, Canada - 344.2 kms (213.9 miles) SW
- Banff, Ab, Canada - 298.3 kms (185.4 miles) SSW
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada - 275.4 kms (171.2 miles) S
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 231.4 kms (143.8 miles) ENE
- Edmonton Namao, Ab, Canada - 11.1 kms (6.9 miles) NNE
- Vegreville, Ab, Canada - 94.2 kms (58.6 miles) E
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 179.7 kms (111.7 miles) E
- Jasper, Alberta, Canada - 126.3 kms (78.5 miles) ESE
- Scott, Sk, Canada - 341.7 kms (212.3 miles) ESE
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 217.3 kms (135 miles) SE
- Fort Reliance, Nt, Canada - 334.3 kms (207.7 miles) S